Not to be confused with #FF, even though I really need to start doing that. Does it count that I do it in here?
Each Friday (well, each Friday I can remember to do so), I am going to link to a few blog posts I really love. They may be new or from the archives. But these are the ones that either really got to me (in a good, emotional way), made me laugh so hard I pissed my pants or made me stop and think.
For my Favorite Friday, I give you:
No one taught me this shit in Sunday school! Where were you during my formative years, Mayor Gia?
Smell My Paw’s “Kitty DrunkDrunk Wonders Why She Keeps Dreaming Of Cheese“
I’m grooming Wormy Kitty to be just like KDD.
The Bloggess’ “And That’s Why You Should Learn To Pick Your Battles”
A fucking classic!
P.S. You were great on Katie! But what was up with the photo on the screen behind the first guest about 22 minutes in? It looked like a picture of a bunch of shiny red vaginas.
The Management’s “Lies I Have Recently Told My Mother”
Especially numbers 3, 6 and 9.
Crazy World’s “It’s My Big 40th Today”
Happy belated and I’m so sorry about your eyes!
Thoughts From Paris’ “The Plain Yogurt Disaster”
Because plain yogurt does taste like death.
Happy Friday, All!
2. Pass the award on to 5 other beautiful bloggers
1. What is your current beauty obsession? Anything anti-aging. Right now I’m trying Lancome’s Visionnaire and Genefique. Not sure if it is working but I’m only using it in the a.m. because I suck. Aslo trying any BB cream I can get my hands on. Working my way through the drugstore brands then I’ll test the higher end ones. Oh, and They’re Real mascara by Benefit is awesome when it’s topped with a coat of the Hypnose Doll Lashes. For night, Sephora’s Atomic Volume as the third coat makes for some pretty good bedroom eyes. Bobbi Brown eyeshadows in a neutral color for an eyeshadow base. Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliners are about the best thing I’ve every held in my grubby little paws! Plus, kickass color names. Packaging and branding get me every time! Right now, I wear Crash – great with brown eyes. Most favorite eye shadow EVER: Lounge by Uban Decay. I have about three extra just in case! Love any kind of volumizing shit for my mousy hair (currently: John Frieda). Oh yeah, and any Essie or Deborah Lippmann nail polish. Okay, so I’m kind of a beauty junkie. Add that to my ever-growing list of vices.
2. What is the one beauty item you wish you owned? Without a doubt, a Clarisonic Sonic Cleansing System. As much money as I have spent on clothes, accessorites, shoes, purses, skincare, makeup and jewelry, one would think I would have acquired one of these babies YEARS ago. Nope. It always slips my mind. Before the end of the year, I will have one (if I can just remember to buy it!). My skin will thank me. Get yourself one – your skin will thank you, too. Then we can sit around and tell each other how gorgeous we are!
3. What is your favorite topic to read about? I don’t have a favorite topic, per se. How about some favorite topics? Fashion, beauty, crime, serial killers, paranormal occurrences, faith and spirituality, cooking (I don’t cook but I collect cookbooks, especially vintage ones), dogs, finance, marketing, social media, plants, gardening (I don’t do gardening, either, well not yet), shoes and living a simpler life (ha!).
4. What inspired you to become a blogger?
Getting the crazy out of my head and in here where it could do less damage.
Seriously? I’ve been writing since I was five years old. I had a blog called non-girlfriend that I wrote from early 2004 until late 2006. I kind of missed the bullshit I wrote back then, and then reading Jenny Lawson’s blog pretty much inspired me to bring non-girlfriend back. I tried writing about “normal” shit for a while but it didn’t feel like home to me. This does. Love it or hate it, I don’t really give a damn. This time, I’m not going anywhere, so you’re stuck with me. Nyah! [Plus, I need something to do at 3 a.m. when I wake up to the sounds of Wormy Kitty doing back flips off the walls of her Kitty Prison.]
5. What nail polish are you wearing now? Essie’s “Meet Me At Sunset” on my fingers. Unnamed Essie color on my toes because I left my pedicure without taking the nail polish I brought. I lose, pedicurist wins. It was a fucking full bottle, too. Sigh. Oh, but yeah, it’s a plummy rosy color. My toes never match my fingers unless I go off my meds.
And now it’s my pleasure to pass this along to five beautiful bloggers. Please visit them when you have time:
Not to be confused with #FF, even though I love it when I get a shout out. Thanky Snarky XO
Each Friday (well, each Friday I can remember to do so), I am going to link to a few blog posts I really love. They may be new or from the archives. But these are the ones that either really got to me (in a good, visceral way), made me laugh so hard I snorted gin up my nose or made me stop and think.
For my First Favorite Friday, I give you:
Not only is she honest, beautiful, real and not afraid to be who she is, she’s the one I have to blame for the serious sinus cavity damage from all the alcoholic beverages that have shot threw my nose while reading her blog. Jenny’s blog inspired me to resurrect non-girlfriend.
All of it was awesome, but especially the 1970s People Names For Dogs. I called Blindie “Beverly” for about a week after reading this post.
Totally cried over this one…who wouldn’t? (Those of you with no soul who probably also don’t like dogs and don’t give homeless people beer money, that’s who!) She is inspirational!
Kitty DrunkDrunk is my feline alter ego.
I will never, ever look at a pedicure the same way again.
Need I say more?
HAVE A FABULOUS FUCKING FRIDAY, ALL!